You know you're from Woodbury when...

General discussion

Re: You know you're from Woodbury when...

Postby sebbie » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:34 pm

Who is Donny Darko?
sebbie

Postby Sheldon Weaver » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:54 pm

When you are a member of the Woodbury blades hocky team, or you have played in at least one tolet bowl.
Sheldon Weaver

Postby Ray Mentzer » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:55 am

Speaking of hockey, was it you and Kenny that put me in a pair of hockey skates in Miller's horse pen when it froze over and then laughed hysterically at me while I repeatedly fell and bounced my head off the ice, then stole my shoes so I couldn't get out of the skates? I think it was you but can't remember for sure (possibly due to the ensuing head trauma).
Ray Mentzer

Postby Sheldon Weaver » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:05 am

Ha, That may have been me. I know that it makes me lol now just thinking about it. That may have happen after I tried roller skateing on the ice. I may have had my own brain damage.
Sheldon Weaver

Postby Cindy Schaner » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:18 pm

We had a dam but we skated in a horse pen. That's how you know you're from Woodbury!
Cindy Schaner

Postby Ray Mentzer » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:26 pm

Yes, and since you don't really know how to skate and you fall down a lot, you go home smelling like horse manure which, of course, was naturally frozen into the ice, it being a horse coral and and all...
Ray Mentzer

Postby Ray Mentzer » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:27 pm

You know you're from Woodbury when you were mortally terrified of "No Legs", who was just a poor, old, disabled guy trying to sell a few pencils to make ends meet.
Ray Mentzer

Postby Cindy Schaner » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:53 pm

Yes, I was terrified of the poor, old guy. Why didn't we just feel sorry for him instead and buy some pencils? Do you remember where he lived? I was also afraid of Myra Richards. I'm not sure why. I guess at one time she owned a millinery shop and was supposed to be very talented. Didn't she have a gazillion cats?
Cindy Schaner

Postby sebbie » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:02 pm

I had forgotten about "No Legs." But I do remember going with Grandma to Myra Richards. Yes, she had cats and I remember it always seemed dark in her house.
sebbie

Postby Cindy Schaner » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:35 pm

Now it all seems so ridiculous to be afraid of totally harmless people. Looking back, I think it would have been really cool to see Myra's hat shop (not to mention I love cats) and to buy some pencils from No Legs to help the poor guy out. But kids will be kids and that's what we were.
Cindy Schaner

PreviousNext

Return to Blah-Blah-Blah