Funny things we did when we where young.

Relive old memories

Funny things we did when we where young.

Postby Sheldon Weaver » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:02 pm

When I was young. (maybe 4 or 5) My father took me to get my hair cut at the place where Cheryl's is now. When we went in there was a very large man in the chair. He told me you are getting big and I said you are too. My dad rushed me out of the shop. and tried to yell at me, but he was laughing too hard. that was the last time he took me there.
Also I remember Bill's barber shop. the black stool that we sat in. and his display of ammo. I thought that was so cool, and Kevin and Phill would fight the civil war over again. I told my dad that I wanted to let my hair grow and he had Bill tell me i had to wear a nylon stocking on my head when i slept. I kept my hair short.
Sheldon Weaver

Re: Funny things we did when we where young.

Postby Ray Mentzer » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 pm

I usually got my hair cut at Bill's, but every once in a while my Mom would decide that she was going to do it herself. Mom could do a lot of things, but cutting hair wasn't one of them. I'd invariably end up down in Bill's chair getting it fixed, which probably wasn't that hard to do since we all wore butch haircuts then. You could always hear good hunting stories sitting in that chair. I was also a huge fan of Bill's ammo collection. I can still see the one cartridge that I was most fascinated by, I think it was a .50 Spencer rimfire. He also had some cool brass shotgun shells.
Ray Mentzer

Postby Cindy Schaner » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:33 pm

HA! Ray, at least you had an option when Mom screwed up your hair. I couldn't exactly shave my head being a girl. Remember those glorious "pixie cuts" she used to grace my head with? There was no telling her no, either. Some weren't so bad, but some, had a goat been chewing it off, I think it would have been more even!
Last edited by Cindy Schaner on Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cindy Schaner

Postby Ray Mentzer » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:56 am

How about those salad bowl/Dutch boy haircuts she used to give Jon?
Ray Mentzer

Return to Remember When?