S. Gerald Weaver

Tributes to loved ones

S. Gerald Weaver

Postby Sheldon Weaver » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:04 pm

gerald_weaver.JPG
gerald_weaver.JPG (27.4 KiB) Viewed 21768 times
My Dad, S. Gerald Weaver
Died 10 years ago on 12/23/1999 he would have been 75 today 12/28/2009.
He loved Woodbury and the people of the Cove.
all he ever wanted to do was be a Funeral Director.
When he was 3 years old, and the first thing he remembered was a Funeral going past his house near the Saxton cemetery.
He always said the best thing about working in a small town was that you new everyone and the worst thing about having a funeral home in a small town is knowing everyone.
We miss him.
Sheldon Weaver

Re: S. Gerald Weaver

Postby sebbie » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:43 pm

Sheldon,
Your dad touched many lives. I still remember his hearty laugh. Your distant relatives told me that when he was a child in Saxton he used to have funeral services for dead animals. He is missed by a lot of people!
sebbie

Postby Ray Mentzer » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:24 pm

Sheldon,

The comfort that your dad provided to so many people is inestimable. I know that there are hundreds, probably thousands of people out there who would say the same thing and who will always remember that he was there for them. The fact that you've chosen to follow his path is a great tribute to him. You've certainly help to ease my family's sorrow in our times of need; we can never thank you enough.

Rayme
Ray Mentzer

Postby Sheldon Weaver » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:55 pm

Thank you Sebbie and Rayme,
Thank you Truely for the kind words.
Rayme the last time you had made me cry, you punched me in the nose.

I think one of the things that helped my dad and I was the ability to have a good sence of humor.
Sheldon Weaver

Postby Cindy Schaner » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:29 pm

I completely agree with Ray, as you know Sheldon. It gave me great comfort in terrible times to know you were there for us. I know it can be hard for you to do your job and to separate work from emotion when it comes to friends and family, but it eased the pain to have a trusted friend helped us send our loved ones to their final rest.
Cindy Schaner

Return to Memorials