Raymond F. Mentzer

Tributes to loved ones

Raymond F. Mentzer

Postby Sheldon Weaver » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:23 am

I can't put this off any longer. You would think that being a funeral director, I should be used to loosing people I know, and care about. But I am having a hard time with the loss of Rayme. I know his family and everyone that Loved him is feeling the same way. When I look at this site I realize how much he loved his town and the people in it. He put a lot of time and Love into this, I hope we can keep it going. I would like if we could put down in here some of the memories we have of Raymond. We need to keep those memories alive. There was no one or will there ever be another one like Raymond.

We Miss You!

Raymond F. Mentzer, 49, of Hubbard, Ohio, formerly of Woodbury, passed away on May 7th, 2010.
He was born May 19, 1960 in Warren, Ohio, son of Raymond D. and Mary L. (Hostetler) Mentzer.
He is survived by his children; Sarah Mentzer of Edinburg, PA, and Michael Mentzer of Hubbard; a sister; Cynthia Schaner of Duncansville; a brother; Jonathan Mentzer of Woodbury, nephews Tyler Mentzer and Andrew Schaner and nieces Mary and Ivy Mentzer.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a brother; Michael Mentzer, and sister; Teresa Mentzer.
Mr. Mentzer was a 1978 graduate of Northern Bedford County High School and served in the U.S. Air Force. He was most recently employed as an Information Technology Manager for Henry Schein Medical Systems.
Ray enjoyed fishing, hunting, genealogy, World War I & II history and most of all, spending time with his children.
Friends was received from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday, May. 22, 2010, at S. Gerald Weaver Funeral Home in Woodbury. A memorial service was held at 3 p.m. Saturday by Pastor Michael Brake. Casual dress is requested.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to The American Cancer Society (http://www.cancer.org).
Sheldon Weaver

Return to Memorials